Jack's Point Resident Owners Association
Renting your home
Renting your home long term is permitted at Jack's Point. Property Owners remain responsible for ensuring that tenants adhere to the bylaws and that both the property and landscaping are maintained, landlords will need to ensure that there is sufficient parking on the property for all related vehicles.
Visitor accommodation (less than 1 month) has the below parameters as the residential areas are primarily for residential use and visitor accommodation in the future is expected to be mostly provided in the village:
- You many rent your property for a total of up to 90 days in any calendar year.
- You are responsible for obtaining any council consent needed.
- You require dispensation to use a management agency other than the rental agency or market the property yourself.
- Jacks point is a registered trademark so if you wish to use this in any advertising, you will need to keep within the brand guidelines and get the approval of the trademark owner.
NZ Post does not deliver mail to homes at Jacks’s Point and so there is no post code. You can establish a post office box at the Wakatipu Post Office (Frankton), this is currently a free service for Jack's Point residents with proof of address.
Some residential areas of Jacks Point are wired for fibre optic telecommunication. These areas are The North Terraces and Peregrine Ridge, The Highlands South, Coneburn Ridge from Big Valley Drive and all areas north plus some areas of the Preserve.
Fibre connections are confirmed for the village precincts.
Rubbish & recycling are collected on Fridays mornings.
Allwaste do not collect rubbish from the Preserve areas. Please contact the Residents Society if you would like your rubbish collected on a weekly basis from the preserve.
Please contact the Allwaste website to obtain wheelie bins for rubbish or QLDC in regards to your recycling bin.
Boat & caravan/motor homes
Boats and Caravans are required, under the Bylaws, to be parked in a garage.
Please see the section Building a Home at Jack's Point.
Operation of commercial businesses
If you do want to operate a commercial business from home, you will need the permission of the Residents Society. Until space in the village is available, generally this will be given where:
- the operation of the business is unlikely to disturb or inconvenience neighbours (you might need to get your neighbours consent),
- the business operation is unlikely to breach the Constitution or any bylaw.
- the business operation has minimal impact in terms of signage, lighting, parking or traffic.
- all commercial signage has been approved by the Residents Society.
To arrange for vacant lots to be cut:
Phone 03 479 6733
Phone 027 441 3003
For property management:
Phone: 021 714 111
Phone 027 441 3003